Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
Course established in 2000
Total seats available: 60
The Indian automobile industry is one of the fastest-growing industries under the ambit of the Indian economy. According to Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturer (SIAM 2015), India is the seventh-largest producer in the world with an average annual production of 17.5 million vehicles. The country is also the fourth largest automotive market by volume. Automobile sector contributes 7% of the country’s GDP by volume.
The industry is growing and evolving at a brisk pace. As per industry estimates, the sector is expected to sell 6 million-plus vehicles by 2020.
- 7th largest automobile producer in the world
- Production of 17.5 million vehicles annually
- 4th largest automotive market by volume
- 89 per cent growth rate in exports.
- New automotive mission plan-2 (2016-26)
- Make in India Campaign – focusing on building India ‘A Manufacturing Hub’
Job Avenues for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
- Designing, Development, and Manufacturing of Vehicles
- Preparing blueprint of the vehicle and its components
- Using traditional as well as the most advanced technologies to engineer vehicles
- Working as maintenance and services engineers in automobile workshops, aircraft industries, aviation, marine vessels, and diesel power stations
- Automobile Technicians: These technicians are generally responsible for servicing, repairing and overall maintenance of vehicles
- Automobile Designers: These designers are responsible for working on shape, size, etc. of vehicles. Every feature of the car requires an expert designer to design it
- Executive and Managerial Positions
- Entrepreneur: Start their own business in the service industry of automobiles
- Government Job: In Government Organizations like RTO, ARAI, Roadways
- Research and Consultancy in Automobile Engineering
REGULAR ENTRY – 3 Years
Passed 10th Std./ SSC examination. In special cases, 2 years after 10+2 Examination or equivalent
LATERAL ENTRY – 2 Years
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/Biology subject.
10+2 Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 10+2 Science with Technical Vocational subject.
10+(2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
Duration- 3 Years