BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Course established in 2005
Total seats available: 100
B.D.S. or Bachelor of Dental Surgery is an Undergraduate Dental course. The duration of Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is 4 years of academic & 1 year of internship B.D.S. enables one to become a Dental Surgeon. Dental Courses comprise didactic lectures, demonstrations, group discussions, seminars, clinical work and conferences. Aspiring candidates learn about Dental Materials, Dental Anatomy & Oral Histology, Oral Pathology, Community Dentistry, Pedodontics, Oral Medicine & Radiology, various forms of treatment including Surgical Procedures. Root Canal Treatments etc. Basic Medical Science subjects are also taught. During the Internship, the candidate spends 1 year as a rotatory houseman ship in all the 9 departments. Here they have the confidence of diagnosing and treating the patient with the guidance of senior professionals.
- Separate labs, accommodating 100 students for the clinical and non-clinical speciality.
- 6 medical and 5 dental labs within the dental building.
- Labs equipped with latest instruments and equipment from reputed international organisations.
- All safety measures are in place in all labs for prevention of accidents and radiation hazards etc.
- 4 lecture halls with a seating capacity of 100+ students.
- In the past academic year, we have attended and educated 3000+ patients in village dental camps, 4500+ patients in school dental health programmes and 1000 patients in the department.
- 24/7 digital library within the campus, provided with a broadband connection.
- The weekly organisation of dental camps in the rural sector to generate awareness and importance of dental treatments.
- 24-hour ambulance service provided to needy patients.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals (15% quota – All India Quota only). The norms for state admissions will be different.
- Candidates have to pass a recognised Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study.
- NIOS candidates are eligible for now subject to the matter subjudice in the court.
- Students from Foreign/International Boards are eligible if their qualify exam meets the equivalency determined by Association of Indian Universities (MU) as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
SUBJECTS TO BE STUDIED IN QUALIFYING EXAM
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (including practical tests in these subjects) AND
- Mathematics or any other elective subject with English as prescribed by the NCERT.
REQUIRED PASS PERCENTAGE IN 10+2 OR EQUIVALENT
- Unreserved candidates and OCI, NRI, foreign candidates.
- Must have secured at least 50% in their qualifying exam in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology taken together.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (OBC) must have secured 40%.
- PwD candidates must have secured 45% in their qualifying exam.
Candidates must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or before December 31 of the year of admission.
Duration- 4 Years + 1 Year Internship