MBA - Master of Business Administration
Course established in 2000
Total seats available: 120
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a professional postgraduate degree in business administration-management. The MBA course duration for full-time is 2 years, which is divided into 4 semesters. Accreditation bodies, specifically for MBA programs, ensure consistency and quality of education. The course for MBA programs, ensure consistency and quality of education. The course helps build a strong theoretical foundation in business concepts. It also builds hard-skills in the areas of management and leadership and polishes a range of soft-skills like communication, motivation, and negotiation.
Management @ MPGI
• Concentration on overall development through E-Teaching, Webinars.
• Real-Time situation training provided to students.
• Teaching adherent to present Business environment which helps to build confidence.
• Specialising students in the field of Digital Marketing, Retailing and other various sectors.
• Club activities based on specialisations like Marketing, Finance, HR, IT.
• Extracurricular activities in Sanskriti Club, Innovation Club.
• Physical activities are performed under Sports Club
• Technical and Management skill development event known as -Prabandhanotsav The M Fest.
• Regular MTP Sessions for students up Gradation.
• Model & Poster making exhibition -Kalakriti- based on management topics.
• Industry experience and exposure provided to students through the industrial tour which covered vardhaman Baddi Himachal Pradesh, Amaron battery, Parte G and many more.
• Time to time conduction of workshops and seminars, in collaboration with Directorate General
Foreign Trade (DGFT), HVPE (HUMAN VALUES), IIT Kanpur and many more.
• Guest talk by eminent personalities and Professors like Prof. Prakash Singh (IIM Lucknow) and many more.
• Social events like college Tashanbaz hosted by Red FM, Management Fest etc.
• Social message design by students regarding awareness of pandemic.
• Time to time conduction of webinar on current topics like Covid-19.
Growth Opportunities after MBA
• The Degree improves your theoretical and practical knowledge to operate Business which is a key component of success by nurturing one’s various soft skills which eventually develops the personality.
• It removes growth barrier and widens the range of career opportunities in various fields i.e- HR, Finance, Marketing, IT, Operations etc.
• It imparts guidance on the right methodology and approach in handling various corporate situations.
• With an MBA Degree, one can explore the latest international business trends, apply the newest management tools and techniques to adopt the unavoidable change in the market place.
- Business Analytics
- Financial Analytics and Services
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Analytics
- HR Analysis
Like Bachelor of Technology, MBA also has multiple streams for making a career in different industry verticals. MPGI offers MBA in Marketing, Human Resource, Finance and Information Technology.
MBA in Marketing
A marketing specialisation inculcates skills that are useful in a number of business positions across corporate. Students who hope to join this program must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, convincing style, leadership, analytical ability, creative thinking and a taste for teamwork.
The MBA marketing specialisation explores a number of subjects like Marketing Management, Marketing Channels Strategies, Operations Management, Consumer and Brand Insight Strategy, Forecasting, Modelling, Marketing Strategy, Forecasting, Modelling, Branding, SalesForce Management and International Marketing.
- The entry-level jobs include Market Research Analyst, Business Marketing Representative, Development Officer and Sales Executive.
- With a relevant experience, the professionals can graduate to the profiles of Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Product Manager, Corporate Sates Manager and Digital Marketing Manager
MBA in Human Resources
This specialisation trains future managers in hiring employees and then helping them develop their skills to the maximum benefit for self as well as for the organisation. The HR management also teaches workforce regulation, performance assessment, compensation strategy, motivational tasks, safety and health and welfare assessment. Coursework involves typical business concepts and the rigors of Business Strategy, Benefits Analysis, Business Coaching, Compensation Management and Corporate Headhunting.
- HRM graduates can work in industries, educational institutes, corporate and MNC’s, executing a number of tasks which range from hiring to motivational policy.
- This specialization enables a Graduate to work in a number of job profiles such as HR Generalist, Technical Recruiter, Employee Relations Manager, Employment Manager, Compensation Manager and Staffing Director.
MBA in Finance
The course lays a focus on communications, organisational behaviour and business leadership and provides a balance between mathematics and management practice. Students planning to pick up this course are expected to display skills in Economics, Mathematics and Financial Theory. Subjects such as Corporate Investment Management, Portfolio Management, Hedge Fund Management and Business and Corporate Finance typically constitute the course.
- The core Financial Management tasks concern Corporate Finance, Investment Banking and Asset Management, Personal Finance, Sales and Trading and Insurance.
- Profiles that suit this specialization are Financial Advisor, Financial Analyst, Financial Planners, Finance Officers and Investment Bankers.
MBA in Information Technology
Information Technology Postgraduates play essential roles on the business team, typically designing and implementing hardware and software solutions to business problems. They are trained to effectively manage the planning, design, selection, implementation, usage and administration of emerging and converging information and communications technologies.
- They hold professional positions in areas such as client/server or web applications development, system analysis and network administration.