B.Tech - Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Course Established in the Year 2000
Total Seats Available: 240
Computer Science is the study of processes that interact with data which can be represented as data in the form of programs. It helps to understand the use of algorithms to manipulate, store, and communicate digital information in a better manner. A Computer Engineer studies theory of computation and the design of software systems.
Specialisation Courses Offered in Collaboration with IBM
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big data and Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things
- Cloud and Internet of Things
- Cloud and Cyber Security
- Cloud and Full Stack
- Training partners like ORACLE, Microsoft, ZTE and HUAWEI.
- Placement Percentage of approx. 80% in renowned companies like Wipro, Informatica, TCS and Nucleus Software.
- Technical quizzes and programming contests organised by students under the banner of ‘C- Mania’,
- Kalam centre for innovation and incubation of start-ups – The lab Installed with MATLAB software, provides the solution to data scientists, automatic control simulation etc. and provides multi-paradigm numerical computing.
- Various servers such as Squid Server. Database Server, Mail Server, File Server and Net Server are available to facilitate student learning.
- Seminar series to help students to update and develop themselves in emerging fields of Engineering. Many well-known academicians from IIT, NIT and Technocrats from the industry have shared their experience & knowledge.
Laboratories equipped as per AKTU and AlCTE Guidelines
- Programming Lab (C, Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- Data Structures
- CO Lab
- Web Technologies Lab
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Mini Project/Project Lab
- Network Lab
- Compiler Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Software Testing Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Distributed Systems lab
- Data Mining Lab
REGULAR ENTRY – 4 Years
Passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies. AND Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) subject to vacancies in the first Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
LATERAL ENTRY – 3 Years
Has a Diploma with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. The students should have cleared the subjects Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second-year subjects. B.Sc. students shalt be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
Duration- 4 Years