M.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
Course established in 2000
Total seats available: 09
The Evergreen Branch, Mechanical Engineering (ME) is the application of the principles and problem-solving techniques of engineering from design to manufacturing to the marketplace for any object. Mechanical Engineers analyse their work using the principles of Motion, Energy, and Force—ensuring that designs function safely, efficiently, and reliably, all at a competitive cost.
- Mechanics: Study of the interconnection of various bodies with each other and the resultant response of any other body, when input in terms of motion is given to a link.
- Dynamics: Studied systems are dynamic like velocity, acceleration, vibration, gyroscopic effects etc. are extensively looked upon for a variety of cases.
- Material: This topic deals with the observation of metallurgy and properties of engineering materials.
- Manufacturing: Production using labour and machines. tools, chemicals and biological processing or formulation.
- Thermodynamics: The branch that deals with the relations between heat, temperature and other forms of energy.
- Computation and Design: This topic deals with the application of all the above topics in a multi-dimensional problem from an Engineer’s point of view.
- The students have undertaken technically challenging high impact design projects like a Hybrid car. solar car. Go-Kart & CNG Bike, 3D Printer, CNC lathe etc.
- In-house lathe machine, milling machine, shaper machine, water turbine and drilling machine.
- Industry Tie-ups with stellar organizations as JBM Group, for better employability.
- Technical Events as exhibitions, Robo wars and technical quizzes are a regular affair.
- In-house summer training program in CAD lab from second year onwards.
- Industrial Tours to Century Papers, JBM Industries, Mahindra, Parle, Goa Shipyard and many more.